- Pricing will remain throughout the summer and as we get closer to the holidays, there can be an expected slight uptick in price.
- For 4oz., the nationwide demand is strong, with the supply being a little behind. Possible decrease in the coming weeks.
- For the 5oz.-16oz, the demand is not too strong.
- The larger sizes (4/7, 6/9, 9/12) are available for now. The smaller size legs have become almost non-existent, which would also cause the larger sizes to tighten up if crab is still a common choice.
- (14/17, 20/24) still have a tight supply with the price firm, but trending upwards.
- Split crab has tight supply because processors do not want to touch split legs, as all the money is in the whole legs.
- Starting to see a price decrease on the larger sizes and the prices will continue to come down.
- There is still supply from last year’s harvest.
- Japan has completed their purchases, so some suppliers are sitting on some very high prices products.
- Price may start to come down as US buyers do not want to pay current market.
- Since last fall, the cod market has been rocky and will continue to do so going forward.
- Cod Loins have seen an increase in price over the last six months.
- Starting to see product hit the market, but with prices being so high there will not be a very large build up for inventory.